How’re you all doing today? We here in southern California are roasting in the heat, so I hope everyone is doing well and staying cool! We’re having a great weekend so far here at the Volks USA showroom — we had many beautiful dolls come visit yesterday, including a rather unusual gathering of mini-sized visitors:
As you can probably imagine, we see quite a bit of doll traffic here at the Volks USA showroom, but a convergence of cuteness on this level isn’t something we see very often — three adorable SDC Toki boys, each with quite a different ‘feel’ to him! Despite that, all three are still wearing the default Toki faceup, albeit with different eyes and wigs.
Which brings me to a topic we’ve wanted to address for a while now: we here at Volks USA are quite aware that the U.S. is a vast country with many different states, and many (or even most of) our customers and their dolls may not be able to travel to come visit us here at the Torrance showroom, and to use our photo space. So here is our invitation to our distant customers: Do you have pictures of your Volks dolls (22/25/27cm Dollfies, DD, or SD) that you’re proud of and would like to see posted here on the Sumika Times blog? If so, please send them to us, and every so often we will compile and post them in a Customer Gallery post!
We do have a few rules for Customer Gallery submissions:
1. VOLKS dolls only, please. All body parts of the doll must be VOLKS, but outfits, wig, etc. do not need to be.
2. Photos should be no larger than 1 megabyte each (don’t worry about resizing or formatting — we’ll take care of that when preparing the Gallery posts).
3. Feel free to send as many photos as you wish, but if your photos are largely similar in style or are all of the same doll(s), we will select our favorite photo to be your representative in the Customer Gallery.
4. When submitting photos for the Gallery, please tell us both the model name and your personal name for each doll shown, as well as your full name and/or initials.
5. By sending us your photographs, you acknowledge that you are giving Volks USA the permission to edit, reuse, and/or reproduce your photos on the Sumika Times blog and/or the Volks USA website.
6. If you agree to abide by all of the above, please send your photos to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Thank you so much, everyone, and we hope to receive lots of submissions for the Customer Gallery! Also, the June Collection will go on sale next Saturday (September 5) at 11 am — lots of cute clothes as well as the limited edition of Komame’s Lil’ Custom Lessons Volume 2 will become available, so whether you come in person to the showroom or join us through the website sale, we hope to see you then!